hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: ERROR: ssh-copy-id: command not found IN HADOOP DISTRIBUTED MODE
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:08:55 GMT
I think master machine authorized-key  is missed.

Please do following..

ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub {IP of Master machine}..

Before starting cluster better to check whether ssh is enable or not by doing ssh {slave or
master IP} from Master ( here it should not ask passwd).

From: yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com [yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:49 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: ERROR: ssh-copy-id: command not found IN HADOOP DISTRIBUTED MODE

Thanks All,

The copy has been done but here comes another horrible issue.

when I log in as Master

ssh Master it asks for Password

Master:~ mediaadmin$ ssh Master
Password: abc
Last login: Thu Oct 25 17:13:30 2012
Master:~ mediaadmin$

and for Slave it dosent ask.

Master:~ mediaadmin$ ssh pluto@Slave
Last login: Thu Oct 25 17:15:16 2012 from 10.203.33.80
plutos-iMac:~ pluto$

now if I run command start-dfs.sh from Master logged in terminal it asks for passwords

Master:~ mediaadmin$ ssh master
Password:
Last login: Thu Oct 25 17:16:44 2012 from master
Master:~ mediaadmin$ start-dfs.sh
starting namenode, logging to /HADOOP/hadoop-0.20.2/bin/../logs/hadoop-mediaadmin-namenode-Master.out
Password:Password: abc
Password: abc
Password:
Master: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
Password:
Password:
Slave: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

Why is it asking for password when I have configure password less ssh?
And even its not accepting Master password and Slave password..

Please help and suggest

Thanks & regards
Yogesh Kumar