hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Anil Gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS federation
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:05:51 GMT
Hi visioner,
It won't work on pseudo distributed because you need to run at least 2 NN and if you run 2NN
then u need to configure them separately on different ports. It's little tricky doing on one
node. Multiple VM is the cleanest solution.

Best Regards,
Anil

On Oct 17, 2012, at 12:04 AM, Visioner Sadak <visioner.sadak@gmail.com> wrote:

> tht means i will need a cluster set up only right pseudo distr mode wont wrk ????
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:15 AM, lohit <lohit.vijayarenu@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can try out federation by create 3 different conf directories and starting 3 different
NameNodes out of those configurations. These configurations should make sure they have different
directories and port numbers. If you want to just give it a try, it is easier to spawn 3 VMs
and use them as separate nodes.

> 2012/10/16 Visioner Sadak <visioner.sadak@gmail.com>
> I have a single linux node in which i installed 0.23.3 in pseudo-mode can i test federation
configuration and functionality using this or will i have to install hadoop in a cluster with
atleast 3 linux nodes ......incase of my single linux box i have 3 ips with me.....