hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Kammer <ukam...@spring.de>
Subject Upgrade not finalized
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:47:35 GMT
Hello,

in april we have upgraded our version of Hadoop 0.21.0 to version 1.0.1.
We stuck to the exact instructions in the upgrade documentation as
always. After a few months we have discovered on the Namenode that here
again "upgrade for version -32 has been completed. Upgrade is not
finalized." is displayed. Our question now is, can we run this command
without risk again? According to our research, this command deletes the
directory on the Data Nodes "previous" and the directories on the
namenode "previous" and "previous.checkpoint". It is very important that
we here do not lose data. A backup is not possible for reasons of cost.
Is there eventually an easy way to test it?

Ulrich