hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Björn-Elmar Macek <ma...@cs.uni-kassel.de>
Subject HDFS "file" missing a part-file
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:11:28 GMT
Hi,

i am kind of unsure where to post this problem, but i think it is more
related to hadoop than to pig.

By successfully executing a pig script i created a new file in my hdfs.
Sadly though, i cannot use it for further processing except for
"dump"ing and viewing the data: every data-manipulation script-command
just as "foreach" gives exceptions during the map phase.
Since there was no problem executing the same script on the first 100
lines of my data (LIMIT statement),i copied it to my local fs folder.
What i realized is, that one of the files namely part-r-000001 was empty
and contained within the _temporary folder.

Is there any reason for this? How can i fix this issue? Did the job
(which created the file we are talking about) NOT run properly til its
end, although the tasktracker worked til the very end and the file was
created?

Best regards,
Björn