hadoop-user mailing list archives

From " Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda" <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Java heap space error
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:22:10 GMT
Regards, Subash.
Can you share more information about your YARN cluster?

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Subash D'Souza <sdsouza@truecar.com>
Para: user@hadoop.apache.org
Enviado: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 09:18:43 -0400 (CDT)
Asunto: Java heap space error

I'm running CDH 4 on  a 4 node cluster each with 96 G of RAM. Up until last week the cluster
was running until there was an error in the name node log file and I had to reformat it put
the data back

Now when I run hive on YARN. I keep getting a Java heap space error. Based on the research
I did. I upped the my mapred.child.java.opts first from 200m to 400 m to 800m and I still
have the same issue. It seems to fail near the 100% mapper mark

I checked the log files and the only thing that it does output is java heap space error. Nothing
more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Subash