hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 02:21:51 GMT
I will try that first thing in the morning, thank you very much!

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

----- Original Message -----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 03:36 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem

Hi Artem,

I don't think this is a Isilon issue as much as its a /tmp directory
permission issue. Ensure that /tmp has proper world+rw permissions, OR
if thats not doable, set the JVM system property of -Djava.io.tmpdir
to a local user writable directory and also re-point config
hadoop.tmp.dir to such a thing thats non /tmp but writable by the user
(/home/${user.name}/.tmp maybe).

Of course, easiest is just to fix the /tmp to be drwxrwxrwt,

--
Harsh J