hadoop-user mailing list archives

From sudha sadhasivam <sudhasadhasi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop and CUDA
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:06:48 GMT

Sir

We are trying to combine Hadoop and CUDA. When we create a jar file for hadoop programs from
command
prompt it runs faster. When we create a jar file from netbeans it runs
slower. We could not understand the problem.

This is important as we are trying to work with hadoop and CUDA
(jcuda).We could create a jar file only using netbeans IDE. The
performance seemed to be very poor. Especially, we feel that it reads
part by part for every  few KBs

The code executes, but time taken for execution is high
Does not show any advantages in two levels of parallelism

Kindly let us know about the problem
Thanking you
G Sudha