hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Uddipan Mukherjee <Uddipan_Mukher...@infosys.com>
Subject Hive-Site XML changing any proprty.
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:40:24 GMT
Hi hadoop, hive gurus,

    I have a requirement to change the path of the scratch folder of Hive.  Hence I have added
following property in Hive-Site.xml and changed its value as required.

<property>
  <name>hive.exec.scratchdir</name>
  <value/tmp/example</value>
  <description>Scratch space for Hive jobs</description>
</property>

But still it is not reflecting as required. Do I need to restart Hive server to read the updated
value in the file.

Also is there any other way other than restarting Hive server?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks And Regards
Uddipan Mukherjee

Infosys e-mail system.