But I am afraid you will have the same problems.

Regards

Bertrand

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Joshi, Rekha <Rekha_Joshi@intuit.com> wrote:
Hi Piter,

JobControl just means there are multiple complex jobs, but you will see the information for each job on your hadoop web interface webhdfs still, wouldn't you?
Or if that does not work, you might need to use Reporters/Counters to get the log info data in custom format as needed.

Thanks
Rekha

From: Piter85 Piter85 <piter1485@hotmail.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:34:27 +0200
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: How get information messages when a JobControl is used ?

Hi! I'm using JobControl (v. 1.0.3)  to chain two MapReduce applications. It works and creates output data, but it doesn't give me back information messages as number of mappers, number of records in input or in output, etc...

It only returns messages like this :
12/09/12 09:56:38 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for parsing the arguments. Applications should implement Tool for the same.
12/09/12 09:56:38 INFO input.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process : 4

I tried to use ControlledJob's toString() method but it returns me only this kind of message:

job name:    songsort
job id:    jobctrl1
job state:    RUNNING
job mapred id:    job_201209120942_0005