by downloading some files in text format   ---> what this means...... if you think everything is fine your configuration setting then please take
full Java thread dump and post it.

Shashwat Shriparv

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Muzaffar Ali Ismail <muzaffaralii@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am new to Hadoop world. I just setup/configured Hadoop cluster with two nodes, a master and slave. The master node also acting as slave and running NameNode for the HDFS storage layer, and JobTracker for the MapReduce processing layer other than DataNode and JobTracker. Second machine (slave) is running DataNode and TaskTracker only.
I started multi node cluster and is running fine. Every thing is ok. No errors, no warning.

But when I run the WordCount examples (by downloading some files in text format), it hangs at the following message on console:
"12/10/04 08:49:09 INFO mapred.JobClient:  map 100% reduce 23%"
There is still no errors, exceptions in the logs.

Anyone any idea. Really appreciate quick response.

Thanks,
Muzaffar

--

Shashwat Shriparv