We can reopen it if we wish it to be fixed in 1.0.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Sep 6, 2012, at 4:49 AM, Rajiv Chittajallu wrote:

Notifications are sequential and doesn't have timeouts -  MAPREDUCE-1688 Not sure why its closed as dupe of an yarn feature.

(hey hemanth, welcome back..)

________________________________
From: Hemanth Yamijala <yhemanth@thoughtworks.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?

Hi,

I just tried it out on 1.0.x. It works fine.

Thanks
Hemanth

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, WangRamon <ramon_wang@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi hemanth

Does it support Hadoop version 1.0.0? Thanks

Cheers
Ramon

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:43:45 +0530

From: yhemanth@thoughtworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,

There is a provision to get job end notifications for a mapreduce job via an HTTP call. You have to set a parameter called job.end.notification.url to a http address in your Job's configuration. Or if the job implements the Tool interface it can be passed directly from command line without having to modify the job, like so:

hadoop jar <jar-name> <class-name> -Djob.end.notification.url=<http-url> ...

The URL can contain two special strings $jobId and $jobStatus which will be replaced with the actual values for the job. Then, your web application can implement any notification as required.

Thanks
hemanth