hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Mahadevappa, Shobha" <Shobha.Mahadeva...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Integrating hadoop with java UI application deployed on tomcat
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 05:48:24 GMT
Hi,
Try adding the hadoop/conf directory in the TOMCAT's classpath

Ex : CLASSPATH=/usr/local/Apps/hbase-0.90.4/conf:/usr/local/Apps/hadoop-0.20.203.0/conf:

Regards,
Shobha M

From: Visioner Sadak [mailto:visioner.sadak@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2012 PM 04:01
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrating hadoop with java UI application deployed on tomcat

Thanks steve thers nothing in logs and no exceptions as well i found that some file is created
in my F:\user with directory name but its not visible inside my hadoop browse filesystem directories
i also added the config by using the below method
hadoopConf.addResource(
"F:/hadoop-0.22.0/conf/core-site.xml");
when running thru WAR printing out the filesystem i m getting org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem@9cd8db<mailto:org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem@9cd8db>
when running an independet jar within hadoop i m getting DFS[DFSClient[clientName=DFSClient_296231340,
ugi=dell]]
when running an independet jar i m able to do uploads....

just wanted to know will i have to add something in my classpath of tomcat or is there any
other configurations of core-site.xml that i am missing out..thanks for your help.....

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com<mailto:stevel@hortonworks.com>>