hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ajit Kumar Shreevastava <Ajit.Shreevast...@hcl.com>
Subject New Learner for Haddop and Hive
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 09:14:42 GMT
Hi All,

I am new for Hive and Hadoop Technology. Can anyone tell me in detail " The process for setting
Hadoop and Hive to start and work". I have visited lots of site and do the configuration according
to that.
Now I want run Hive after starting all the services of hadoop,  I got nothing.

Ajit.Shreevastava@hclt-40124697 ~
$ start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-MYHADOOP-namenode-hclt-40124697.out
localhost: starting datanode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-MYHADOOP-datanode-hclt-40124697.out
localhost: starting secondarynamenode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-MYHADOOP-secondarynamenode-hclt-40124697.out
starting jobtracker, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-MYHADOOP-jobtracker-hclt-40124697.out
localhost: starting tasktracker, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-MYHADOOP-tasktracker-hclt-40124697.out

Ajit.Shreevastava@hclt-40124697 ~
$ hive
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/hadoop/hive/lib/hive-common-0.8.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/ajit.shreevastava/hive_job_log_ajit.shreevastava_201209051440_1301558122.txt
hive> show tables;

I am also sending you my configuration files of Hive conf directory.

Please help me.

Regards,
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.