hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, Prashanth" <Prashanth.B...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: New Learner for Haddop and Hive
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:15:39 GMT
Ajit,

Please follow the guidelines as mentioned by Bertrand.

Apart from that, What is the output of
hive> show tables;

Does it display anything?
If not, what is the message or stacktrace you see on the console?

Also, post your Hadoop Environment details like what is the version of Hadoop, Hive, etc you
are using etc and also the OS info, which will help the community to understand the issue
better.

From: Bertrand Dechoux [mailto:dechouxb@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:07 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-user
Subject: Re: New Learner for Haddop and Hive

1) First do not post across multiple mailing list. I am replying to all in order to share
my answer but you should then reply only on the mailing list which is concerned with your
issue.
2) Does you hadoop installation work? If not, ask user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
3) Does your hive installation work? If not, ask user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>
4) Explain your problem : " I got nothing" and no error message won't provide you any good
feedback.
6) Hive installation is pretty well explained in the hive wiki : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home

Regards

Bertrand