hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Piter85 Piter85 <piter1...@hotmail.it>
Subject How get information messages when a JobControl is used ?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:34:27 GMT

Hi! I'm using JobControl (v. 1.0.3)  to chain two MapReduce applications. It works and creates
output data, but it doesn't give me back information messages as number of mappers, number
of records in input or in output, etc...

It only returns messages like this :
12/09/12 09:56:38 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for parsing the arguments.
Applications should implement Tool for the same.
12/09/12 09:56:38 INFO input.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process : 4

I tried to use ControlledJob's toString() method but it returns me only this kind of message:

job name:    songsort
job id:    jobctrl1
job state:    RUNNING
job mapred id:    job_201209120942_0005