hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Piter85 Piter85 <piter1...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: How get information messages when a JobControl is used ?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:12:23 GMT

Hi Rekha and Bertrand! Thanks for the answers! Ok I see that in web interface (_logs->history->job_.....)
there are infos about executions of jobs.
I hope that this infos will be enough for me.

As I said before, scanning APIs, the only method that I found was ControlledJob:toString().

Bye! :)

Piter

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:21:24 +0200
Subject: Re: How get information messages when a JobControl is used ?
From: dechouxb@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

But as far as I know there is no way to have a snapshot of the JobControl state.

I was trying only to get the state of all jobs and it is not possible to get a consistent
view.

For Map/Reduce progress, I guess you could the same by digging into the APIs.
But I am afraid you will have the same problems.

Regards

Bertrand