hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu <mehmets...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to make different mappers execute different processing on same data ?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:01:34 GMT
If you have n processes to evaluate, make a reducer that calls the process i when it receives
key i, 1<=i<=n. Either replicate the data for the n reducers, or cache it for it to
be read on the reducer side. The reducers will output the process id i and the performance.

On Sep 10, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Jason Yang wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I've got a question about how to make different mappers execute different processing
on a same data?

> Here is my scenario:
> I got to process a data, however, there multiple choices to process this data and I have
no idea which one is better, so I was thinking that maybe I could execute multiple mappers,
in which different processing solution is applied, and eventually the best one is chosen according
to some evaluation functions.