hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 18:23:40 GMT

This is happening because SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal(..) eventually is converting host-name
to lowercase. Please file a bug here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP

The shorter-term workaround is to change your hostname to all lower-case, if that is possible.

HTH

+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Sep 5, 2012, at 6:49 AM, Tony Burton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm following the steps at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute for building
hadoop in preparation for submitting a patch.

> I've checked out the trunk, and when I run "mvn test" from the top-level directory, I
get the following error (snipped for clarity):

expected:<hdfs/tonyb-[Precision-WorkS]tation-390@REALM> but was:<hdfs/tonyb-[precision-works]tation-390@REALM>

> The test in question is:
>
> @Test
>  public void testLocalHostNameForNullOrWild() throws Exception {
>    String local = SecurityUtil.getLocalHostName();
>    assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
>                 SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", (String)null));
>    assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
>                 SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", "0.0.0.0"));
>  }
>
> And my hostname is tonyb-Precision-WorkStation-390.
>
> Any idea how I can get this test to pass?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

> This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system.  Neither Sporting Index nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened.  It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email.  Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP.  Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404) and Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
 Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued