hadoop-user mailing list archives

Subject Out of memory in identity mapper?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:50:42 GMT
Hello hadoopers!

In a reduce-only Hadoop job input files are handled by the identity mapper and sent to the
reducers without modification. In one of my job I was surprised to see the job failing in
the map phase with "Out of memory error" and "GC overhead limit exceeded".

In my understanding, a memory leak on the identity mapper is out of the question.
What can be the cause of such error?

P.S. The logs show no stack trace other than the messages I mentioned before.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica
de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at:

View raw message