hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Rekha" <Rekha_Jo...@intuit.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Streaming: Does not recognise PATH and CLASSPATH defined
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 08:06:19 GMT
Hi Andy,

If you are referring to HADOOP_CLASSPATH, that is env variable on your cluster or effected
via config xml.But if you need your own environment variables for streaming you may use -cmdenv
PATH= on your streaming command.Or if you have specific jars for the streaming process -libjars
<application.jar> on command works.

From: Andy Xue <andyxueyuan@gmail.com<mailto:andyxueyuan@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:41:39 +1000
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Hadoop Streaming: Does not recognise PATH and CLASSPATH defined

I wish to use Hadoop streaming to run a program which requires specific PATH and CLASSPATH
variables. I have set these two variables in both "/etc/profile" and "~/.bashrc" on all slaves
(and restarted these slaves). However, when I run the hadoop streaming job, the program generates
error messages saying that these environment variables are not correctly set.

Does it mean that I did not set these environment variables in the correct place? How should
I define these environment variables?
I use Hadoop 1.0.3 and all machines are running Ubuntu 12.04

Thank you for your time and help. Have a great day.

View raw message