hadoop-user mailing list archives

From kumudu harshani <kumuduharsh...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set 2mappers on 1 job
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 03:40:05 GMT
Hi...
Could someone help me with following scenario..

I want implement a job which should get 2 mapper outputs and send them to 1
reducer. Attached image show the flow I wanted....

Normal flow is like:

JobConf conf2 = new JobConf(WordCount.class);
Job job2 = new Job(conf2);
conf2.setOutputKeyClass(IntWritable.class);
conf2.setOutputValueClass(Text.class);

conf2.setMapperClass(Map1.class);
conf2.setReducerClass(Reduce1.class);

--- where it takes 1 mapper and 1 reducer. What i want is to set 2
maps(mapper1a, mapper1b) and 1 reducer...
Is that possible, if so could someone please help..

thanks
kumudu
--

*Kumudu Samarappuli* | Creative Search Technologies, a Microsoft IEG
Partner | Software Engineer I | m: +94 719 258 242 |