hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop recovery test
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 03:37:13 GMT
Artem,

If you check the logs of the other DNs, do you see issues with
connectivity to NameNode?

Basic questions, but need to ask to be sure: have you checked if the
firewalls are down or properly configured? Are you sure that your
hostname of the master machine resolves not to the loopback address
but to the external interface provided IP?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
> I didn't realize that I didn't edit core-site and mapred-site on all machines to point
to the new namenode. Although that didn't make a difference, I still see only one datanode
which Is also the namenode:

and security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,

Harsh J