hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: No 32-bit taskcontroller on Hadoop 1.0.3
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 03:38:54 GMT
Hey Yongzhi,

You'll need to build it manually on your 32-bit machine. Run the build
from your $HADOOP_HOME/$HADOOP_PREFIX as:

(Depending on your version you may or may not require jdk5, we had
removed that dependency recently. The rest of the tools mentioned, you
should require for a full tar generation.)

ant -Dcompile.native=true -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=true
-Dlibrecordio=true -Dhadoop.conf.dir=/etc/hadoop
-Dxercescroot=$HOME/tools/xerces/latest
-Declipse.home=$HOME/tools/eclipse/latest
-Djava5.home=$HOME/tools/java5/latest
-Dforrest.home=$HOME/tools/forrest/apache-forrest-0.8
-Dfindbugs.home=$HOME/tools/findbugs/latest veryclean clean
create-c++-configure task-controller tar

This should build a fully formed tarball that should have 32-bit
natives in it. Use this tarball to deploy your cluster.

Or if you just want the task-controller and the natives for your arch,
do (Shouldn't require any tool dependencies):

ant -Dcompile.native=true -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=true
-Dlibrecordio=true veryclean clean compile create-c++-configure
task-controller

Alternatively, I encourage looking at using packages for your arch,
and at the Apache Bigtop (incubating) project:
http://incubator.apache.org/bigtop

--
Harsh J