hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: best way to join?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 19:47:01 GMT
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM, dexter morgan <dextermorgan4u@gmail.com>wrote:

> ... Either way, any clustering process requires calculating the distance
> of all points (not between all the points, but of all of them to some
> relative point). Because i'll need a clustering MR job, ill probably use
> it, despite as you said, it has high probability to be correct (not 100%)...

This is probably right as stated, but I think that there is confusion here.

Many people assume that each point in the training data has to have
distance computed to all centroids in the clustering.  Even this is not
true.

It is true that you have to compute distance to at least one something, but
not necessarily to all of the clusters.