hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Richard Tang <tristartom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject how to specify the root directory of hadoop on slave node?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:57:58 GMT
Hi, All
I need to setup a hadoop/hdfs cluster with one namenode on a machine and
two datanodes on two other machines. But after setting datanode machiines
in conf/slaves file, running bin/start-dfs.sh can not start hdfs normally..
I am aware that I have not specify the root directory hadoop is installed
on slave nodes and the OS user account to use hadoop on slave node.
I am asking how to specify where hadoop/hdfs is locally installed on slave
node? Also how to specify the user account to start hdfs there?

Regards,
Richard