hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Andy Xue <andyxuey...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop Streaming: Does not recognise PATH and CLASSPATH defined
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 07:41:39 GMT
Hi:

I wish to use Hadoop streaming to run a program which requires specific
PATH and CLASSPATH variables. I have set these two variables in both
"/etc/profile" and "~/.bashrc" on all slaves (and restarted these slaves).
However, when I run the hadoop streaming job, the program generates error
messages saying that these environment variables are not correctly set.

Does it mean that I did not set these environment variables in the correct
place? How should I define these environment variables?
I use Hadoop 1.0.3 and all machines are running Ubuntu 12.04

Thank you for your time and help. Have a great day.

Andy