hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jason Yang <lin.yang.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject how to make different mappers execute different processing on same data ?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:25:17 GMT
Hi, all

I've got a question about how to make different mappers execute different
processing on a same data?

Here is my scenario:
I got to process a data, however, there multiple choices to process this
data and I have no idea which one is better, so I was thinking that maybe I
could execute multiple mappers, in which different processing solution is
applied, and eventually the best one is chosen according to some evaluation
functions.

But I'm not sure whether this could be done in MapReduce.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
YANG, Lin