hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav Dasgupta <gdsay...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot browse job.xml while running the job
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:44:58 GMT
Hi users,

I have a 11 node Hadoop cluster.
I am facing a strange situation while trying to view the job.xml of a
running job. In the JobTracker Web UI, while a job is running, if I click
on the job.xml link, it fails to retrieve the file and gives the following
error:

*Failed to retreive job configuration for job 'job_201209061049_0003!
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/log/hadoop/job_201209061049_0003_conf.xml (No such file or directory) *
**
I cannot view the file from there even after the finishes.
But if I go to the "JobTracker History" and then go to the Job and browse
for the job.xml file, I can view it.

Can someone tell me why the job.xml file is not created on the desired
directory (*/var/log/hadoop*). How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Gaurav Dasgupta