hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: DFSClient may read wrong data in local read
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:42:38 GMT
We don't make very strong guarantees about what happens when clients
read from a deleted file.  DFSClients definitely may read data from a
deleted file even if local reads are not enabled.

Incidentally, BlockReaderLocal is being redesigned to pass file
descriptors rather than paths, which will be more secure and fix some
corner cases surrounding append and local reads.

cheers,
Colin