hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IBM big insights distribution
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:43:46 GMT
As a community observer, I see some tension between vendor marketing
efforts that *some* may consider to be disparaging of Apache community
efforts and work product (for example the HDFS file system); and good
faith efforts from the same vendors to participate in Apache community
efforts and work product, in other areas. That tension seems
unavoidable to me and is something vendors and the community will come
to terms with over time. An easy way to minimize potential conflict,
however, is to redirect vendor specific discussion to vendor mailing
lists and forums. Seems a no-brainer.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy