hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: IBM big insights distribution
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:24:29 GMT
Why is it that when anyone asks a question about IBM Tom wants to take it off line?

Not very social.

I personally find it interesting that IBM requires that their products are tied to IBM's JVM.

I also wonder about the cost of running Hadoop on the mainframe.
(Linux LPARs while cheaper, still cost mips. ) [Forgive me, its been a while since I spoke
mainframe]

So what's the real advantage from an architecture point of view?