hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal Matter
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:20:38 GMT
You know if it wasn't for HR, working on Big Data projects would be fun.

Why don't you do what I always do... Show up with a box of doughnuts and a box of Coffee?

Works like a charm. Just don't get the ones with sprinkles on them. Bob doesn't like them.

Also tell them that is an overseas assignment so that they don't try and hit you up with OSHA
concerns which only affect us in the states.

And if this is a rush job. Upscale the pastries.  (But you didn't hear this from me. )  ;-)

HTH
-Mike

PS. And who said that our Ninjas could only throw code exceptions?

On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:09 AM, Russell Jurney <russell.jurney@gmail.com> wrote:

> HR is giving us crap over our use of pirates for business development.
>
> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com
>
> On Sep 6, 2012, at 6:02 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why can't we use our Ninja's?
>> They are sitting on the bench.
>>

>> On Sep 6, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Russell Jurney <russell.jurney@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also there is a copy fee of $80 per page, and this thread is already ten pages,
including headers, duplicated in triplicate that comes to $2,400 plus a flat reply fee of
$600 for a total of $3,600 plus retainer. Should you reply to this message, please estimate
additional copy and reply fees and forward them along, as we already have a sizable bill outstanding
(aforementioned copy and reply fees as well as two days back-retainer for a total of $6,000
US) and billing is hounding me for collection. Please don't make us use ninjas.

>>> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

property agreement matter in your jurisdiction. Please advise us on your retainer fee so that
we can forward you the agreement for your review and run a conflict check.