hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Re: Can't get out of safemode
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 22:39:12 GMT
Yep, moving the NN to the secondary larger disk seems to have improved it.  Thanks again for
your great help Harsh (and others).

Cheers!

On Sep 7, 2012, at 08:31 , Harsh J wrote:

> The issue was that Keith's NN was out of resources (low disk space)
> and that forced the NN into safemode. This was detected on another
> thread from him.
>
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Dino Kečo <dino.keco@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> I was having same problem on my small cluster and some blocks where missing
>> on DFS. I have used this command
>>
>> hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave
>>
>> and after that i have run dfs disk check to see which files are corrupted.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Dino Kečo
>> msn: xdinno@hotmail.com
>> mail: dino.keco@gmail.com
>> skype: dino.keco
>> phone: +387 61 507 851
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Adam Brown <adam@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> sorry
>>>
>>> @Keith
>>>
>>> are you sure your datanodes have reported in?

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson, that to be
self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to aspire is better than to
be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland