hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Buell <jbu...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Cannot browse job.xml while running the job
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:49:23 GMT
Does /var/log/hadoop have write permission for the hadoop user?

From: Gaurav Dasgupta [mailto:gdsayshi@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:45 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Cannot browse job.xml while running the job

Hi users,

I have a 11 node Hadoop cluster.
I am facing a strange situation while trying to view the job.xml of a running job. In the
JobTracker Web UI, while a job is running, if I click on the job.xml link, it fails to retrieve
the file and gives the following error:

Failed to retreive job configuration for job 'job_201209061049_0003! java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/log/hadoop/job_201209061049_0003_conf.xml (No such file or directory)

I cannot view the file from there even after the finishes.
But if I go to the "JobTracker History" and then go to the Job and browse for the job.xml
file, I can view it.

Can someone tell me why the job.xml file is not created on the desired directory (/var/log/hadoop).
How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Gaurav Dasgupta