hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:15:30 GMT
We can reopen it if we wish it to be fixed in 1.0.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Sep 6, 2012, at 4:49 AM, Rajiv Chittajallu wrote:

> Notifications are sequential and doesn't have timeouts -  MAPREDUCE-1688 Not sure why
its closed as dupe of an yarn feature.

> (hey hemanth, welcome back..)
>
>> ________________________________

HTTP call. You have to set a parameter called job.end.notification.url to a http address in
your Job's configuration. Or if the job implements the Tool interface it can be passed directly
from command line without having to modify the job, like so:

>>> hadoop jar <jar-name> <class-name> -Djob.end.notification.url=<http-url>
>>>

>>> The URL can contain two special strings $jobId and $jobStatus which will be replaced
with the actual values for the job. Then, your web application can implement any notification
as required.

>>> Thanks
>>> hemanth
>>>

>>> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM, WangRamon <ramon_wang@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guys

cluster, especially that i can get a notification/email when there is a job failed? Thanks
for any suggestion.