hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Kai Voigt...@123.org>
Subject Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:08:28 GMT
Hello.

Am 14.09.2012 um 08:03 schrieb Jason Yang <lin.yang.jason@gmail.com>:

> I have a question about how does the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster work:
>
> As many map tasks are submitted to the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster, does the hadoop
run each mapper in sequence ? or does it run these mappers in different threads or something
could be parallel?

pseudo-distributed mode is a one node cluster. You have a namenode, a jobtracker, and a single
datanode and tasktracker running. You can verify with "jps" command.

The default setting is that a tasktracker can run up to two map and reduce tasks in parallel
(mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum and mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum), so you
will actually see some concurrency on your one machine.

Kai

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org