hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: HBase Avro Client
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:14:32 GMT
Hi All,

I have been searching around for the relevant information around building an avro HBase client
for the HBase Avro server running on a port(9090). I have come across the HBase Definitive
Guide, but even there I only see the the server startup part in the documentation which I
have already done.

There are a few things that I do understand reading the avro and hbase documentation. As per
the documentation, HBase provides AvroServer.HBaseImpl, which is a server side of the things.
This implementation runs as a server listening to a port (9090) and acts as a bridge between
the AvroServer and HBase. The operations supported are as described in the Hbase.avpr file.

The doubts however I have are,
1. If I have to build a client that could connect to this port and could create table, column
families and insert data, what would it take?
2. Will I have to define a custom schema and have to generate classes out of it?
3. How would I connect to the Avro server running with HBase?
4. Since the communication is rpc based, how will I specify what operation is to be performed
at the server from the client?

As I see, the documentation on this issue is very little, hence I am seeking help from the
community.

Requesting for help. Thanks.

Regards
Pankaj Misra