hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: How to run multiple jobs at the same time?
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 17:20:52 GMT
Apache Mahout was built for that
Look here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/K-Means+Clustering

If you don't want to use the Mahout's approach (highly recommended), you
can use
the MultipleInput class for that:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/input/MultipleInputs.html

An example of the Ton White's Book using MultipleInputs:
MultipleInputs.addInputPath(job, ncdcInputPath,
         TextInputFormat.class, MaxTemperatureMapper.class);
MultipleInputs.addInputPath(job, metOfficeInputPath,
         TextInputFormat.class, MetOfficeMaxTemperatureMapper.class);

--

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
*Data Engineer && Sr. System Administrator at UCI*

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci