hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Nick Jones <nick.jo...@amd.com>
Subject Re: Some general questions about DBInputFormat
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:35:56 GMT
Hi Yaron,

I haven't looked at/used it in awhile but I seem to remember that each
mapper's SQL request was wrapped in a transaction to prevent the number
of rows changing.  DBInputFormat uses
Connection.TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE from java.sql.Connection to prevent
changes in the number of rows selected from a where clause.

The locking behavior I observed may have also been related to how MySQL
was setup at the time.