hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:51:03 GMT
Never mind filing. I recalled that we debugged this issue long time back and cornered this
down to problems with kerberos. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7988.

Given that, Tony, changing your hostname seems to be the only option.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Sep 6, 2012, at 4:24 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> file this as a JIRA against hadoop-common, though your machine's hostname looks suspiciously
close to breaking the RFC-952 rules on hostnames

> -steve
>
> On 5 September 2012 14:49, Tony Burton <TBurton@sportingindex.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I'm following the steps at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute for building
hadoop in preparation for submitting a patch.

> I've checked out the trunk, and when I run "mvn test" from the top-level directory, I
get the following error (snipped for clarity):

expected:<hdfs/tonyb-[Precision-WorkS]tation-390@REALM> but was:<hdfs/tonyb-[precision-works]tation-390@REALM>

> The test in question is:
>
> @Test
>   public void testLocalHostNameForNullOrWild() throws Exception {
>     String local = SecurityUtil.getLocalHostName();
>     assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
>                  SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", (String)null));
>     assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
>                  SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", "0.0.0.0"));
>   }
>
> And my hostname is tonyb-Precision-WorkStation-390.
>
> Any idea how I can get this test to pass?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

> This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system.  Neither Sporting Index nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened.  It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email.  Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP.  Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404) and Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
 Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued