hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rajiv Chittajallu <raj...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 11:49:16 GMT
Notifications are sequential and doesn't have timeouts -  MAPREDUCE-1688 Not sure why its
closed as dupe of an yarn feature.

(hey hemanth, welcome back..)

>________________________________

call. You have to set a parameter called job.end.notification.url to a http address in your
Job's configuration. Or if the job implements the Tool interface it can be passed directly
from command line without having to modify the job, like so:

>>hadoop jar <jar-name> <class-name> -Djob.end.notification.url=<http-url>
>>

>>The URL can contain two special strings $jobId and $jobStatus which will be replaced
with the actual values for the job. Then, your web application can implement any notification
as required.

>>Thanks
>>hemanth
>>

>>On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM, WangRamon <ramon_wang@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Hi Guys
>>>
>>>Is there some 3rd party monitor tool that i can use to monitor the hadoop cluster,
especially that i can get a notification/email when there is a job failed? Thanks for any
suggestion.