hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Uddipan Mukherjee <Uddipan_Mukher...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Replication Factor Modification
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 18:24:03 GMT
Hi,

   Thanks for the help. But How I will set the replication factor as desired so that when
new files comes in it will automatically take the new value of dfs.replication without a cluster
restart. Please note we have a 200 nodes cluster.

Thanks and Regards,
Uddipan Mukherjee

From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:17 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replication Factor Modification

Replication factor is per-file, and is a client-side property. So, this is doable.

1. Change the replication factor of all existing files (or needed ones):

$ hadoop fs -setrep -R <value> /

2. Change the dfs.replication parameter in all client configs to the desired <value>
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Uddipan Mukherjee <Uddipan_Mukherjee@infosys.com<mailto:Uddipan_Mukherjee@infosys.com>>