hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject Streaming issue ( URGENT )
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:33:40 GMT

Hi team,

I have a python script which  normally runs like this locally,

Python mapper.py file1 file2  2 .

How can I achieve this by using streaming API, and using the script as mapper. It actually
joins the three files on a column which is passed as parameter ( numeric ) .

Also how can I use paste command in mapper to concatenate three files.

Ex, paste file1 file2 file3 > file4

This is in normal shell,

How to achieve it over streaming.

if possible please explain how can I achive it using multiple mappers and one reducer. It
would be great If I could get some examples, tried searching a lot :(

Thanks in advance please help

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!