hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Carranza <cristiancarranz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:16:18 GMT
Thanks Harsh J!

But never heard about binding services to localhost... How can I do that? Could you be so
kind to point to a website or the like in order to learn “how to”?
As you already know... I am trying to become a “newbie”...

Thanks!

From: Harsh J
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:57 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

Can you not bind all your services, including Hadoop, to the localhost interface? That usually
works for my pseudo instances.

On Aug 15, 2012 4:22 AM, "Cristian Carranza" <cristiancarranza_1@hotmail.com> wrote:

  Thanks Mohammad...

  Yep, the problem is when IP gets changed... And this will be the rule since I travel a lot
for business reasons (I am a quality consultant, hotels here and there...). Also I am testing/learning
now in order to give a recommendation to my BI manager in near future... single node is enough
for now...

  I've added the wlan IP address to the /etc/hosts file, but it is still impossible to ping
myself, but it seems that I am "almost there"...
  because If I ping RHEL6 (hostname), I've got an error massage (Destination host unreachable)
  but if I ping the wlan IP address, it is ok (but Hadoop refuses to start: "Failed to retrieve
hostname/IP from RHEL6.ccet.ufrn.br"...)

  I guess that an association between RHEL6 hostname to this two IP addresses is needed, but
I do not know if this is possible...

  Here it is the hosts file:

  Hosts:
  127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
  ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
  # wireless
  10.9.6.160 RHEL6
  # wired
  10.9.0.188 RHEL6