hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Collins <chris_j_coll...@yahoo.com>
Subject example usage of s3 file system
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:14:45 GMT
Hi I am trying to use the Hadoop filesystem abstraction with S3 but in my tinkering I am not
having a great deal of success.  I am particularly interested in the ability to mimic a directory
structure (since s3 native doesnt do it).

Can anyone point me to some good example usage of Hadoop FileSystem with s3?

I created a few directories using transit and AWS S3 console for test.  Doing a liststatus
of the bucket returns a FileStatus object of the directory created but if I try to do a liststatus
of that path I am getting a 404:

org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3Exception: org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException: Request Error.
HEAD '/aaaa' on Host ....

Probably not the best list to look for help, any clues appreciated.