hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Adam Berry <ambe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:47:53 GMT
I just ran through the same thing. The addition for me was an additional Import step, but pointing
at the hadoop-yarn-project, and then grabbing all the projects from that.

With this I drop to the command line for building with maven.

I've tried to work with m2eclipse and this, but so far with no luck, as the article says it
seems to be something of a mess.

Adam

From: susnata basak <susnata@hotmail.com<mailto:susnata@hotmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:38 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: building Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Hi All,

While trying to build hadoop source code in eclipse using maven following the instructions
on -
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

I noticed that the project layout has changed in the latest development version, as such the
instruction didn't quite match. I was wondering if we've updated documentation on building
hadoop source code in eclipse (using maven or ant).

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Shaan