hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Stopping a single Datanode
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:49:49 GMT
Perhaps what you're looking for is the Decommission feature of HDFS,
which lets you safely remove a DN without incurring replica loss? It
is detailed in Hadoop: The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition), page 315 |
Chapter 10: Administering Hadoop / Maintenance section - Title
"Decommissioning old nodes", or at
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module2.html#decommission?

--
Harsh J