hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 03:10:55 GMT
Hi,

Moving this to the user@hadoop.apache.org lists. The general@ lists is
only for project level discussions, not community support. Please use
the user@hadoop.apache.org for user-level queries, going forward.

I do not have experience with "IBI" yet (so the following may be
stupid as well), but if it allows you to bind itself to localhost,
then thats the best solution, as localhost IP is static.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Cristian Carranza
<cristiancarranza_1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all in this list!
>
> My name is Cristián and I am trying to learn Hadoop and to use it in near future...
>
> I’ve started to learn Hadoop via Infosphere BigInsights (IBI), Basic Edition, from
IBM.
> But I am facing problems now that make me wonder if there are alternative ways to learn
Hadoop.

> The biggest problem is that IBI demands a static IP address, and this is a tough requirement
for me, since I travel a lot for business and always use IP address assigned via DHCP..

--
Harsh J