hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pending reducers
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:48:24 GMT
reducers of multiple jobs do run con-currently as long as they have
the resources available.

If you want to limit someone overtaking the cluster, then you can
create different job queues and assign quota to each queue. You also
have the flexibility of allocating max quota per user in a queue as
well.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Evert Lammerts <Evert.Lammerts@sara.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a cluster running Hadoop 0.20.205 with Kerberos enabled, exposing 528 map slots
and 528 reduce slots. Currently somebody is running a NORMAL priority job with 7 mappers and
400 reducers. The mappers have finished and the system is processing the reducers. Another
user is running a NORMAL priority job with 1 mapper and 26 reducers. The mapper has finished,
but the reducers won't come out of "pending" state. There are no other jobs running right
now. We've not yet installed a different scheduler, so right now the system is using the default
scheduler. How can this behavior be explained? I see mappers of multiple jobs run concurrently,
and I *thought* I've seen reducers of multiple jobs run concurrently, but I'm not completely
sure. Any idea?

--
Nitin Pawar