hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:43:35 GMT
Hello Aji,

   Hadoop's redundancy feature allows data to be replicated over the
entire cluster. So, even if entire disk is gone or even the entire
machine for that matter, your data is still there in other node(s).
But, we need to keep one thing in mind that the 'master' node is the
single point of failure in a Hadoop cluster. If the machine running
master process(es) is down, you are trapped. For more detail you can
visit the home page at : redundancy feature

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq